Tested Travel loves a botanical garden. The Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Garden did not disappoint!
Originally built in 1895 and set on 93 acres, the Conservatory is located just outside of downtown Columbus, Ohio. Some of Tested Travel’s favorite spots include:
- Butterfly Garden — enchanting and tropical, the Conservatory is home to thousands of butterflies which roam free in the indoor butterfly garden.
- Bonsai Garden — there is just something ethereal about a bonsai tree. They are simultaneously tiny and large. Franklin Park Conservatory has a fantastic indoor and outdoor bonsai exhibit.
- Children’s Garden — just outside the main entrance, the children’s garden is a fantastic, playful and hands-on spot for the wee ones to explore and experience nature. On warm days you can find kids splashing in the fountains. Fun for everyone!
- Sculpture — the Conservatory is full of sculpture — from the large outdoor metal pieces to the delicate Chihuly glass, the sculpture adds a lot to the garden experience.
- Cafe — Tested Travel particularly appreciated the high-quality Conservatory cafe. With a diverse menu — from salads and sandwiches to quesadillas to hummus and veggies. Tested Travel had the chicken shwarma. Wow! Delicious!
You can read about the Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Garden here.